Hitting you off with some love for Valentine’s Day. Here’s my contribution to the 2014 Cupid’s Hunt Podcast Collaboration.
1. Time Travel – Daley
2. Astray – Bilal
3. Be Easy – Alice Smith
4. Greatest Love – Raheem Devaughn
5. Can’t Let Go – Anthony Hamilton
6. When You Touch Me – Maysa
7. Making You Wait – Jill Scott
8. He Can’t Love You – Jagged Edge
Soulrific: Episode 127
1. Midnight Mastered (Jim Sharp Re-Imagine) – A Tribe Called Quest
2. Down To Business – DJ Mitsu the Beats
3. Right Next To You – Algebra Blessett
4. Guide You (feat. Rahel) – Eric Lau
5. Very Special Remix (Instrumental) – Funky DL
6. This Song For You – Ronald Isley
7. How is Goin Down – MagicXBeats
8. How We Do (feat. Nieve Ine) – Soul Chef
9. Stoned Spacious – BluntOne
10. When Will I See You Again? – PoetiQ Keyz
11. Sexting – Jaheim
I think about the “Dark Girls” documentary and all of the women who were ashamed of their skin tone when they were growing up, yet look at who America is giving praise to today.
Congrats to Lupita Nyong’o, winner of the Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role at last night’s SAG Awards. And once again, she turned the red carpet out in her teal Gucci gown!